Wednesday 23 January 2013

REVIEW - Touching Smoke (Touch #1) by Airicka Phoenix


Title: Touching Smoke 
Author: Airicka Phoenix
Series: Touch #1
Publisher: Self-published
Published: July 31st 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal/Fantasy
Link: Goodreads / Amazon

Summary:
Secrets... 

Fallon has one. She doesn’t know it, but it will kill her... if she’s caught. 

Love... 

Isaiah. Her soul mate. Made especially for her. Created especially for her. Designed to be everything she would ever need. But loving him will destroy her. 

Betrayal... 

Willing to die for her, kill for her, Isaiah must first save her from the monster chasing them — the man that had created them to annihilate the world. 

What would you risk for love?



5/5


This book blew me away. It was just...wow. Can I leave my review at that? No? OK I'll try to elaborate a bit :P

Right from the word go we are thrust into this intense and thrilling story. I really wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did. I don't know what I was expecting from the book after reading the blurb but certainly not that. So first off I have to mention something. I am a total science geek. I love anything to do with science ( I am addicted to The Big Bang Theory) even if most of the time I haven't a clue what they're talking about. I am especially fascinated by genetics so the geek in me really enjoyed this book in that sense. It was a really interesting and unique story-line and as the story progressed and more facts were revealed I became more and more engrossed.

The characters were really likable  Fallon was a great lead. She's sarcastic, witty, strong-willed, and very determined. Having been on the run with her mother for practically most of her life, her life has been far from normal. And it's about to get a lot less so. When she meets the mysterious Isaiah, her life takes a turn for the bizarre. Isaiah I really liked. He's your typical hot. mysterious, savior that always seems to show up when you need him most. But there is so much more to him than meets the eye. He was a great love interest. I loved the story behind these two's attraction to each other. At first it seems like a horrible case of insta-love (which it kind of is) but it is completely justified and so this is one of the rare occasions where I actually loved the insta-love. It is such a heartbreaking story. 

The story is packed full of action, suspense, originality, heartbreak, loss, love and so much more. It was exciting, emotional and just fantastic. I really don't know what else I can say except for you have to read this book! Ms Phoenix has a real winner on her hands her. Can't wait to see where the story will take us in book two. 



2 comments :

  1. I love a good intense book! This one sounds great, Thanks for sharing your review! Also the book cover is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!! The story sounds intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!